If you wish to purchase a Canadian Holiday Gift Set, please add this item to your cart, along with a yarn bowl, a Canadian Holiday Gift Set, and a pom pom. You need to purchase 4 items to purchase the set.
The complete set includes all of these items:
- A hand-thrown smooth porcelain clay cat-themed yarn bowl, from Robin Badger Pottery in Quebec's Eastern Townships. Fired to 2250 degree F and glazes are lead free and food safe. To see more of Robin's fine work, visit her at www.robinbadger.com
- A pattern for the Ripple Wave Beanie by ALW Handmade in Ottawa. Check out Amanda's other great patterns as well, at: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/ALWHandmade
- A flooftastic giant 6-inch pom pom with which to adorn your hat, also from the talented Amanda at ALW Handmade. You can find Amanda's wide variety of handmade pom poms at her Etsy site as well. Check them out--there are lots of gorgeous options!
- A hand-epoxied notions tin, cat stitch markers, and progress keeper from Sandy at Firefly Notes, a fantastic BC-based craft business: https://fireflynotesonline.com. Check them out for a very wide range of handcrafted goodies!
- A skein of Queenie merino/cashmere/nylon aran weight yarn, well-suited to the Ripple Wave Beanie pattern, by Yours Truly at Alley Cat Yarns.
- and, a SURPRISE beautiful and useful winter-themed notion designed by a well-known Quebec craft retailer!
About this yarn:
80% superwash merino / 10% cashmere / 10% nylon
Approximately 181 yards per 100 gram skein
Queenie is a lofty, fluffy, fun, extra-soft yarn ideal for fast-work accessories. Try Queenie for your next hat, cowl, capelet, or mitts!
Hand-dyed with professional wash-fast acid dyes in my cat-friendly home studio. I take great care to set dye colours and then wash/rinse the yarns until no dye bleeds, however there may be some colour in your water at first wash due to differences in water quality. Please be aware that photo colours may vary slightly from screen to screen.
If your yarn creation requires more than one skein of the same yarn, it is very important to alternate skeins every row to blend; the beauty of hand-dyed yarn is that no two skeins are exactly the same, even when dyed in the same batch.
Hand wash in cool water and lay flat to dry.